Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Harmony and Balance


Zentangle Weekly challenge #52 - "Give". I have two very dear friends that I meet for dinner once a month, and have for about 25 years, since we first worked together. This year I copied (with slight variations because they were hand copied) this tangle onto two different light colored 6" x 6" card stock and framed them as gifts for them. Both of these wonderful women show me the importance of friendship, and though we don't see each other often, over the years we have shared laughter, sadness, changes in our work, selves, families, interests.... (I bought some wood cut outs, thinking I would paint them - maybe for gift tags. On a whim I traced the Bonsai tree on colored cardstock and Zentangled it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how the tangles suited the design of the tree - very Zen-like.)

2 comments:

Sue Sharp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tinkered Art said...

Great gift idea - creative use of the woodcuts. I really like how you use zander as the tree trunk.