Sunday, April 7, 2013

Zendala Dare #52 (Hollibaugh)

I love this dare from Erin at www.thebrightowl.blogspot.ca. Every week Erin posts a blog and a template that challenges us. This week, in addition to a template that has circles, she dares us to use it and incorporate it the tangle "hollibaugh". Ok, right away I had an idea, and spent ages trying to figure out how to do it. Got the general outline done and transferred, and was happily working on it when a couple of friends arrived on their bikes with a couple of bottles of wine.... Well, by the time they left I thought better than to continue. However, it's still fairly early so I took a look at what had been submitted so far - and that is NEVER a good idea. Ok, so my original idea of making the given template "the string" wasn't so original, but they way I did was still different from anyone else's. So I decided to finish and post it - no matter how much wine I'd had. Actually, I'm pretty happy with this! Tomorrow, when I take a second look, I might be a bit embarrassed but I hope not. I have drawn out a second template and have another idea of how to tackle it, so we'll see if I have a second entry......... Thanks Erin for another great dare, and thanks to everyone for looking, and commenting if you have the time. Isn't this just the BEST way to spend time?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ooo this is awesome Sue! i love your Celtic Knot!

FakeFeed said...

Wow, Sue I like yours very much. It has a great celtic feeling, and the way you did the hollibaugh by weaving them through the circles and the outside loops. As I look at it It is as if I have to find the strings and pull them so that the zendala closes. Great effect.

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Very nice Sue. Very put together.

Cathy said...

This is great. It looks like a celtic knot twisting around the template.

Unknown said...

beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your work on this. Great response to the challenge.

Kelli said...

This is fantastic!