Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Zentangle Challenge #123 - Is it a Zentangle?

This is my response for this week's guest challenge at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com. Hummmpfff.... I like "pretty", and that's not what this is. This was a real challenge for me because I haven't set out to create new tangles - I'm much more comfortable with working with what already exists. However, as you all know, once you start working with patterns or tangles, you see them everywhere and it's hard not to try to deconstruct a pattern. Thanks to CZT Maria Vennekens (and Laura), for again nudging me out of my comfort zone and encouraging me to stretch. These are all individual patterns that I've named, though I'm not at all sure they qualify as tangles or if they already exist somewhere. The stacked squares is something I've "doodled" as long as I can remember; the rest are based on patterns I've seen in various textiles. I called the flowery squares (from a wild Caribbean skirt) 'Matis because they remind me of my double clematis, and Jester was from a fabulous coat pattern I saw on the subway one day - very dynamic. Stickles is a tiny band pattern on one of my husbands shirts. Shielded is part of a pattern I saw on a chair in a store window. (I have worked out step-outs for all of these except Stax.)

12 comments:

Ronnie said...

I feel the same as you! I also like existing tangles. This challenge truly was a challenge - lol. Love all the new tangles you created. Great job!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! I love all your patterns. Very, very nice!

Susan said...

Lovely! I love what you have done with just squares and lines on the bottom right. Very clever!

Tangles and More said...

What you did looks great. I think you did a nice job of putting them together. I also am more comfortable using established patterns.

ledenzer said...

I am enjoying the patterns you came up with!

vlb5757 said...

Sue, I answered your question about my Lavender on my page. I couldn't figure out how to email you instead. Loved your challenge #123. I really love the Zentangle 3D box on the side bar too. So cool!

ArtsieGrandma said...

Very creative and nice patterns!

Chrissie said...

I really like what you have come up with, they could be little people across the middle and also on the top left.

Didisch said...

I am glad so many of us think about this the same. Just using the existing patterns is so comfort. But on the other hand, trying to do not is very challenging, and thats nice too. I think you did the challenge very nice.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Lots of us feel the same, that's comfortimg. But .... we did the challege anyway and that sais something about us. Your tile is very nice.

Becky said...

I think you did a lovely job and were so creative in using patterns from around you! I love the stacked squares, they remind me of all the bits of paper sitting on the corner of my desk right now.

Thank you for sharing!

tanglewithlinda.wordpress.com said...

Wonderful new tangles. Where can we find dthem?