Monday, August 12, 2013

Zentangle Challenge #131 - Monotangle - DEX-teria

This weeks Zentangle Challenge from Laura at www.iamthediva.blogspot.ca is to use the tangle Dex in a monotangle. That's using this tangle and perhaps variations, and only this tangle, in our tile. I like Dex and have used it several times, but as a mono tangle.... not so much. But these challenges are to make us step out of our comfort zone. Actually, I did discover that I had been doing dex wrong anyway, so another plus from this challenge is that I think I have the steps firmly in my mind now. I couldn't decide what to do so ended up with a window into a futuristic Dex city. Don't love this, but there you are. I look carefully at the other entries because I found this one quite a tough challenge. Thanks Laura!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the variations of Dex that you used. Very nice tile!

Cathy said...

This is very nice. I love monotangle challenges as well.

Dilip Patel said...

Very nice, very geometric.

Ronnie said...

I like your tile. The "L" shape of Dex is very unique. I felt as you. This was not my favorite tangle to monotangle. Your tile does remind me of a city. Great job!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your Dex city is very pretty.

efie17 said...

nice! very nice!

Didisch said...

Well Sue it looks to me more a Dex-room. I like it the way you played with the different shapes to put the tangle in, even putting it into perspective. Great

Tangles and More said...

Unique and creative way to address this challenge. I like what you did.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Sue, you did a nice job with this slightly difficult tangle.

Meghna Patel said...

Like the graphic composition Dex makes!!

tanglewithlinda.wordpress.com said...

Great variations, and I like your "building".

Helen said...

Great job with your dex city. I really like how you've managed the perspective!