Thursday, February 19, 2015

Zentangle Challenge #205 - Year of the Goat

Happy Chinese New Year! This week's Diva challenge from Laura at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca is to bring some Chinese New Year to our tile. It's the year of the goat - no one in my immediate family is a goat according to the Chinese Horoscope, so I decided to use tangles that represented other Chinese symbols typical of this celebration - part of a dragon, lanterns, and firecrackers! On another note - here in Toronto it is frustratingly cold! This is looking to possibly be the coldest month of Feb. ever! I've been able to get out and do a bit of walking - totally bundled up - and we have had a lot of sun, but I'm really looking forward to spring now! I'm off to Vancouver (White Rock) for a few days and it's considerably warmer and spring-like there. Then back to Toronto for 4 days, and off to Cuba for a week! Oh, I'm so looking forward to being able to go outside without boots, hats, several layers, mega gloves…. I'm blessed to have a wonderful step-daughter who will come stay and care for our house and kitties while we're gone. It will likely be at least a couple of weeks before I post again, but I'm going to tangle while in cafe's and on beaches!

4 comments:

Suzanne Fluhr said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only other weather obsessed tangler/poster. I live in Philadelphia, 100 miles south of New York City, and I'm sorry to report that I am holding Canada personally responsible for "sharing" the polar vortex with us --- even though some of my best friends are Canadian;-) http://www.boomeresque.com/canadians/ I see that you managed to avoid drawing a goat on your tile. Good thinking and the result is lovely. We're just back from a Caribbean cruise during which I tangled to my heart's delight.

Annette P.-L. said...

Beautiful tile with the red accents!

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like this tile, Sue!
Hope you will have a fantastic (and warm) time, take care.

Antonine said...

I love how you incorporated the Dragonaire and lanterns into your tile. Excellent interpretation! Stay warm!