Sunday, September 13, 2015

Zentangle Challenge #234 UMT - CanT

This week's challenge from Laura at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca is a UMT (Use My Tangle). The tangle is CanT and was created by Chris Titus at CanTangle, which was a fabulous weekend this summer in Regina, Saskatchewan. Full of amazing workshops, wonderful people, and lots of fun. I almost didn't do the challenge this week, even though I'm quite familiar with this terrific tangle, because I'm off to Scotland in a few days and am busy, busy, busy… But this idea has been percolating in my mind all week and the only way to let it go was to sit down and put pen to paper. It didn't come out quite like I envisioned, but I think I like this better anyway. My husband says it's not finished and I should fill in all the pieces with the shell like lines, but I disagree - I like being able to see how I got to the shell shapes using "CanT". Whoops, I just noticed - I might add a bit of graphite around the outer edge to give it more dimension but I don't think I'll bother changing the photo - you get the point. Sometimes it's just guessing when to stop! Let me know what you think?

3 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

I think you stopped at the right moment, I love the open spaces. Have a GREAT time in Scotland and take care.

Unknown said...

Lovely lovely variation and beautiful tile. Enjoy bonnie Scotland Lass ;-)

Sue Clark said...

I love the way you curved all the lines in CanT to go into your orb! I like the open space too! Beautiful tile! Have a wonderful trip!