Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Zentangle Challenge #284 - Monotangle to Tripoli

This week's challenge from Laura at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca is to do a monotangle of Tripoli. I love Tripoli, but also have a love/hate relationship with it. The part of me that wants things perfect or at least reasonably close doesn't love this tangle because it always goes wonky for me no matter how careful I'm trying to be. On the other hand, I'm loving this challenge, because today I decided to "just do it" and let the pen go where it wants. I was stressing at first because I wasn't liking the initial look, but this is one of those cases that showed me that embracing the imperfections is why Zentangle is so magical. I'm happy with this in the end…. I also want to say here, that I do try to see everyone's entry, and comment on as many as I can. However, I don't do Flickr, or Instagram, or Yahoo, so I can't log in to make comments. Sometimes too I don't read all or comment on a blog post that encompasses several challenges in one post. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking and love the work… just so you know...

11 comments:

ria matheussen said...

This is a very nice Tripoli monotile!

jeanchaneyaz said...

I can so agree with everything you said, Sue. I think adding the inner patterns is what makes Tripoli really work and actually enhance the imperfections. The larger size, done to accommodate the future additions, seems to make it easier to do too. Beautifully done.

Sue Clark said...

I have that same love/hate relationship with Tripoli. Your's turned out beautifully!

Anne's tangle blog said...

A lot of us have this hate/love relationship and a lot of us keep trying. And ..... finding out that 'to let go' will work most of the time.
Your tile is very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love how you filled the triangles.

Brenda said...

Lovely tile! I like the fills you used. I am new to tangling, and I am learning how to make a wonky Tripoli, as mine always is, look great. It's fun, and I've only had to fill a partial set of triangles completely in with black once so far.

Suse said...

Tripoli was a new one for me, you've done a great job with this!

Annette P.-L. said...

Wonderful tile! I really like this variation of Tripoli! Beautifully done!

Susan Theron said...

Nice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!

Pat Mathes said...

Like it a lot!