Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Zentangle Challenge #311 - Circle Square String Theory

I've been absent from Laura's Diva Challenge (www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca) for a few weeks, only because I've been concentrating on other things. I miss it and am going to try to make it a priority to do and comment on each week's challenge. This week's challenge is to use circles and squares as a string, and to me it's like going back to basics - this is often where I go when I'm stuck. I find that once I've done a string of geometric shapes, it's much easier for me to just fill in the shapes without much preplanning. It's very Zen for me and I'm often surprised at the result.

16 comments:

Ilse said...

I'm glad you're back, so we can enjoy watching your beautiful tiles :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your tangle choices on this tile! Beautifully done!

Carmela said...

Wauwww, very artistic. Beautiful!

Lorna said...

Simple, graphic and wonderful!

Lorna said...

Also, about the O'Keeffe at the AGO - member preview starts next Wednesday, open to everyone on the 22nd. If you happen to be a member there's a pop-up sketching O'keefe inspired workshop Friday 21 from 5:30-8:30 for free : )

jeanchaneyaz said...

Such a great combo of tangles in circles and squares. The half square/half circle in the bottom right really caught my eye. So clever!

Anne's tangle blog said...

And also this time surprised by the result? I hope you are because it's a great composition and the tangles work well together! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Maggibee said...

Love it. I love the contrast between bold and delicate. Nice tile.

Duane Anderson, BA CZT (971-235-6672) said...

Hi Sue, I love your tile. It's very crisp, clean and very elegant in the design and execution of it. Your choice of circles and squares and what you did with them is very nice.
Also, thanks for coming by my blog. I love your comment concerning my tile. I also carry eraser, ruler and compass, etc. with me and use them when I feel the need. Have a great week.

Michele Wynne said...

That's such a great tile! It's so clean, simple and vibrant. The contrast rocks!

ria matheussen said...

Beautiful drawn and such wonderful contrasts, I love this tile!

Unknown said...

WOW! Your tile is so beautiful!
Happy Easter!

Anita A Westin CZT said...

Beautiful tile! Like that you put Maryhill in a Square! :)

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Beautiful! I love your contrast!!....and I always love seeing Maryhill ;-)

Dragonfly-Artz said...

Beautiful tile! I agree with everyone; beautifully drawn with wonderful contrast.

Annette P.-L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous tile! Clear and harmonious!