Thursday, May 25, 2017

Artful Adventures Stroll Challenge - Day 16 - Reflection

The prompt word for todays Stroll Challenge is Reflection. I took the photo yesterday afternoon when I heard we were expecting lots of rain, and a grey day, all day. I'm glad I did because I'm not about to go outside - it's miserable out! So this morning when I looked back at my photo, I was filled with self doubt, self criticism etc., and decided to take my journal page in new direction playing with the word "reflection". The photo is my reflection in a car window, taking the photo. The journal page has turned my self criticism into a reflection of body acceptance. The quote I found and transferred into a metal tape, reads "WARNING: Reflections in this mirror may be distorted by socially constructed ideas of beauty". The background started with a metallic grey and from there, I used paint and stamps.

2 comments:

Gunvor said...

Lovely art journal page! And I love the connection between the photo and the page.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

AWESOME! I love what you did - yes- it is often not the photo that is one by one translated into artwork - it is the thoughts that are triggered when we are open to view our world around us and then lead us to create - love this so much!