Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Creative Jumpstart, Jan. 3

Loved today's inspiration for Creative Jumpstart from Carolyn Dube - Art Journal Recipe for Play. Basically she had us use at least three things for this page: something you would throw away (she used envelopes - the ones that come with clear windows), your favourite paint colours, and something you have little or no control over (she used a gelli plate). I also used the gelli plate, and added delusions spray inks (no control there), pieces of water-colour projects that had been torn and thrown out (my husband's), Stabillo All graphite, paints, and stencils, markers… There are a lot of layers here - I wasn't at all happy with the way it was working out and kept layering, so it's impossible to see what was on the "trash". For other reasons today I was searching quotes and found the two I added here because they seemed appropriate. *Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent. And, *… and if I asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?

1 comment:

Cath Sheard said...

Good on you for keeping going and adding layers - I'm learning to not just start again too. Love the quote re loving ourselves.